Wednesday 29 June 2011

The Poppy Field

Whilst driving to Walton for a pub meal to celebrate Imogen's birthday a poppy field on the way caught my eye, this was about 5:30 pm having had the meal and getting home I opened my email and found a posting from David Norton photography called Poppy addiction http://davidnoton.blogspot.com/ one image in particular interested me


So off I went back to the Poppy field a saw earlier and attempted to capture something similar, It was about 9pm by the time I got there with strong sunlight coming in from the right hand side of the field, luckily there was a lay-by right next to the field and a foot path signed posted running right though the middle of the field.

I used my Canon 5D and my Sigma 70 - 200mm f2.8

so here are my images not quite as I had wanted but for a first attempt I think are ok...... What do you think?

This one has had some burning to the bottom right and highlights 200mm at f2.8

180mm at f 2.8

This one had 2 layers of radial blur in different directions and the one flower erased back 180mm at f2.8

90mm at f8.0

1 comment:

  1. Not bad Jimbo but to many distractions on the bottom 2. The horizon and the bright spot pull you away from the main subject

    2nd from bottom again the bright spot on the left pulls you away from the main subject

    Top one about the best

    ReplyDelete