Monday, 11 October 2010

Attempt No 2

Another attempt at my version of a Steven Le Provost pic, I think I've still got a long way to go. Didn't Steven say at the seminar each of his pictures would have upwards of 20 layers! I'm struggling with 7



I call this one Zante 97

I wanted a sharper image of Paula but more texture in the surrounding areas, Pip suggested a square crop like Stevens, But I think I like this crop as Paula has somewhere to look into? I have also used a curves layer to increase the contrast whilst keeping the scene more pastel and light.

2 comments:

  1. Taking pictures of your wife, Jim, whatever next?
    Yes, much improved. His people/race horses etc were very high detail within the blur, grain, textures. The hint of shadow also works well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Steven not keep detail in the subject and feather the edges ever so slightly?
    looks like you have a decent model at last!!though, but I do like it. Hve you got halo effect around Paula?
    Don't you sleep??????

    ReplyDelete